Monday 25 April 2011

London, London, London!!!

Hello dear friends,

It's been a while since I last posted. I've been out most of the last two weeks and never seemed to find the time to sit and write. I've been off work for over two weeks now and have done lots of fun things. This has been the best break I've had in a long, long time. I've spent my time meeting friends, eating out, drinking, reading, enjoying the sun, visiting places in London I haven't visited in years. So here is a little collage in pictures of things I have seen. The first one is of Saff and me in front of the Kensington Palace:


I am not a Royalist. In fact, I am definitely a Republican (not politically mind you, just anti royal :-), but I have to admit that I had a fabulous day at the Enchanted Palace. Here are a few pictures of the garden in there:







Gorgeous, don't you think?

I don't often go to Central London, but I went a few times in the last few weeks and captured some interesting images. London is amazing, there is something to look at, at every corner. Here is a cool picture I saw painted on the wall in Covent Garden:


I am not exactly sure who did this, but it sits right next to the London Graphic Centre, so they might have done it, or commissioned an artist to do it. Not sure, but it's quite cool.

Just down the road from here, it's Theatre Land. I don't see things at the West End and don't have much interest in classical or musical theatre, but was quite taken by this image. See if you like it too:






So, there it is. A little tour of London. My break is almost over, and I have to say, not working really agrees with me. So much to do, so much to see, there just isn't time to work.


Hope you are all good and happy. Have you had a fun break and good weather?


See you all soon, and with some crocheting pictures this time.


Lilly xx

No comments: